Easy Hot Chocolate Bar

I'm trying to decide if it's too early for Christmas or not?  You Tubers have started their videos, some people have already decorated (I'm a bit on the fence), and I have started crafting for Christmas so.... 

Also to break up the mermaid bathroom posts up a bit (still trying to add a few additional touches) and when the mood strikes you hit that iron hot. 

Hot Chocolate bars (or Hot Cocoa if you prefer) seem to be trendy and I had never really given much thought about creating my own until recently. 

For inspiration:


This is from 2014 and not Christmas related. You can do a Hot Chocolate Bar besides for Christmas during winter, etc. 

Our Little Nest


 
Chick on the Cheap


So this one is actually for a coffee bar but if coffee is more your thing or combine both! 

For my Hot Chocolate Bar, I wanted to use the corner of my kitchen (where my toaster oven used to be). My rule of thumb before going crazy, buying stuff I don't need, I work with what I have then add details as I went along.

My items I had on hand included the following:

*Bottle cap cake stand 
*2 vintage Christmas Mugs 
*Red storage Tin 
*Dark chocolate Swiss Miss 
* A small ceramic bowl 

Starting with the tin, it already has a chalk label on it that I used a chalk paint pen on it so I picked up a set of labels from Wal-Mart and added a new one on top:



The after:


I also picked up a small Mason jar, added some plaid material to the top of the jar: 


I added some French Vanilla flavored snowman shaped marshmallows to the jar, you can also get some peppermint flavored ones too!



Also at Wal-Mart, I picked up a tin of Starbucks hot chocolate (there are a variety of flavors) it was green so I figured it would tie in with the red. Last item I picked up was some holiday paper cups:

And another mug because I have to self control 


I went to Target in hopes to find some more items at the Dollar Spot... all I got was a $3.00 mug and a bag of Hot Chocolate flavored kisses. Hobby Lobby has great signs for hot chocolate bars such a great variety! It was a hard decision but I ended up with two small signs at 50% off no big deal :) 

Sign #1


Sign #2:

I bent back the hanger to make the sign stand on its own 

Here's the final setup:


 
It's next to my coffee pot for hot water (I plan to get a teapot going forward), I added an additional mug (that I got last year) not pictured, I thought about paper straws but decided against it, also you can purchase wooden spoons mini bottles of Bailey's, the list goes on!! 

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent  





 

Comments

Popular Posts