Flood 2019 photos

Happy Friday everyone!!

Tomorrow I am getting tattoo #7 from Iron Brush Tattoo's customer appreciation day! I am super pumped to be getting another tattoo from one of my favorite companies!!

Today I wanted to talk about The Flood of 2019. As you know, I had gone to work Friday March 15, 2019 not thinking that I would be stuck in Omaha for 5 days. The normal route I had taken was closed but there was an alternate route still open so I took it. Right as I got to my desk I had gotten the message the road I had just taken in was closed.

I panicked immediately because I didn't even think about packing an overnight bag or anything, I just had to the clothes on my back, I had Miss World of Wheels Saturday all my stuff was at home. What was I going to do?? Luckily I had friends step up and let me stay with them. Also my pinup sisters also helped me with hair/makeup. I was able to get a backup dress from Daisy Jones Locker so I could still compete.

It was hard for me to sit in Omaha on the sidelines through social media and watch my home town fall apart. But the amazing thing is that people stepped up to help, all I saw was outgoing support. My friends, family everyone working together. My dad and brother were okay they lucked out, also my mom lived in the center of town so she was okay too. However, I became really homesick. I wanted to be home with my family and most importantly Stark. I prayed each day that the water went down and finally I was able to go home Tuesday evening. A lot of the major roads to Omaha are still closed, as well of the smaller towns surrounding Fremont. There is still more flooding though we are not out of the woods. Davenport Iowa just got flooded it is so sad!!

I haven't seen much of the flooding in person until last week when my best friend and I went out to our local State Lakes that were flooded real bad and they just re-opened we drove around to see the damage:

The 1st picture, is where there was a bridge that was between camp grounds. It is no longer there the 2nd picture is a closeup





The last photo, is Lake 20 which is still closed. Where the water is that's where the road used to be. It's closed indefinitely while we were there a State Park Ranger said that the water was 14 feet deep!!! It's crazy that the road was right there but it has been washed away. I've fished at 20 in the past. Breaks my heart.



It has been almost 2 months since the flood, there are still people who can't go back to their homes, still displaced, still looking for answers. Please continue to pray for everyone. There is so much devastation.

We are Nebraska Strong!!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts