Cooking with a hot dog toaster

Happy Monday Darlings!

I am trying to get back to blogging. I wanted to share posts about trying to use vintage items. Even though a hot dog roaster isn't really vintage perse but it is vintage style. I will be sharing a Goodwill $10 challenge on Wednesday there will be another item to test out!!

If you remember from my haul from Brass Armadillo, I got a Coke Hot Dog roaster. I had one on my Amazon wish list but it was for $19.95 where this Coke was $12.00. I knew it was a risk because I didn't know if it didn't work but it can be returned.

As soon as I got back to town, I stopped and picked up essentials for hot dogs then headed home to give the roaster a whirl.

Let me just say the roaster is "trail and error" the buns need help and I accidentally almost burned the buns on my next trial run last Saturday. So it smelled like burnt toast. Here is some pictures of the roaster:

This is before I cooked the hot dog



The other side of the roaster


The fun part is you can cook up to two hot dogs and buns at the same time. I did cook the each (the hot dog and bun) separately after attempting them together. I learned the hot dog needs to cook at a slightly higher temp as opposed to the buns.

Overall, I love the roaster it's a great addition to my kitchen!

Have a great week!

Always putting the E in Extra

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts