I did it again

I blame the weather. I think winter makes me want to nest (because it's too cold to be outside) and re-arrange things, also talking to my creative friends and hearing about their re-make projects it makes me want to do it too. I also started to get into the habit of getting rid of stuff 30/30 project-ish (30 days 30 bags or boxes) in the New Year. Also reading an article in Cosmo magazine. The next thing you know, I’m on pinterest and the ideas brew then I let loose.

What did I do? My bathroom, yes again.

The mermaid theme wasn’t getting anywhere mostly because it was costly and I needed to order stuff but with Christmas I didn't have time. I was hoping to have it done by now but it just wasn’t happening. SO I decided to go with a theme that I already have enough materials to do it. Black and white, I caved (this is the theme in my living room and kitchen). But actually what I got accomplished in a morning (there was no stopping me!!) I was pleased with my results.

My bathroom is small and white which is hard so I don’t have a lot of space to work with a challenge but it can be done trust me.

First up I started with the wall across from the toilet where my main towel rack is here the before:




You know my obsession with framing wrapping paper right? That’s what I did:




I used my Zebra print paper (I have two kinds now) the other and framed one Zebra and the other black and white polka dot. The photo below them is one I had hanging in my room.

My next task was the above the toilet shelf:




A bit cluttered huh? My after:




I took the book I had on the shelf and covered it with material I had on hand. Of course I de-cluttered. And yes I put up another framed wrapping paper picture.

Next was my bedside table by my sink:




Really cluttered again! I tried super hard to de-clutter it once before now round 2:



Much better I think I have all my hair products in reach (I love my Thirty-One caddy!!) I put my make up brushes in a dry erase pail I had from Target and I added the linen napkin to dress it up a bit

Here is below:





I forgot to take a before shot but believe me it was bad I had stuff on the floor underneath the shelf too. Now everything has a place and is better organized!

I am not done yet more to come!! Stay tunned!!

Comments

Popular Posts