Altered Mirror

Hey, how ya doing? Summer is my favorite time of the year if you haven't figured that out yet. It's hot as blazes but I'm not going to complain (too much) since it's been COLD up until now.

Since it is summer after all I thought I'd share summer crafts/projects. This one I did a few years back one of my first altered projects ever!! It proudly hangs in my studio:
When OTC started their scrapbook line many, many moons ago I bought this mirror to alter. For the longest time I didn't know what to do with it. So I took my Hawaiian papers, and did a collage using stuff from magazines and stuff I had at the time. Heres some close ups:


Sorry not good pictures but you get the idea. Also I never got around to hanging it up until now either. It sat in a box at my old place so when I got to my new place I made a point of hanging it up. I had to add ribbon because when I originally altered it, I did it upside down (oops) and I had to remove the hanging brackets.

But it turned out pretty good for my 1st attempt at altering. 

****************************

So Relay was last Friday it went okay. I am covered in bug bites it didn't rain but we wussed out because there was lightening around 2am but I came back Saturday morning and helped clean up. Here is the only picture I snapped on my phone because I was so busy:

It's hard to see but that was our guest speaker  Ron Brown he's the linebacker coach for Nebraska. Very good speaker.

Have a great week!!

Comments

  1. I have studied few of the articles on your web site today, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my bookmark site's list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site as well and let me know your opinion.
    Thesis Writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts