A little rant

Okay, Normally I don't rant on here I try not to, I like to keep stuff like that out of my blog but an issue has come up and I need to vent it out on here so forgive me.

My bench has been vandalized. I woke up Tuesday afternoon to a text from one of my friends who asked if the black keys were glued onto my bench, I responded yes, she said that some were pried off. Well I instantly woke up threw on clothes and headed over to my bench. Sure enough 6 of them were pried clean off and just tossed onto the ground. Oh and one of the pedals is missing as well that happened barely a week after the benches were put up. I was devastated! Who in their right mind would do something so stupid?

I've dealt with a lot of vandalism in my life because my dad is a janitor with our public schools and I've gone with him while he's dealt with broken widows, spray painted swear words on windows, and the building being egged to name a few.

Then my own personal experiences. My old car was egged and also my driver's side mirror was smashed by a baseball bat in 2009.

The art association warned us that this could happen. It happen with the fish project 5 years ago but still. Some people have suggested to me that my bench should be re-located because they think it's a bad location (the high school) plus it's by a semi busy street.  I e-mailed the art association about it. I am really not sure if anything can be done about it but it's worth a shot.

So they keys are in my possession, I just have to re-attach them sometime this week, I want to do it when it's a bit cooler since it's been so stinkin' hot and it might be a bad combination with the glue.

Anyways vandalism is by far the STUPIDEST thing ever. These benches are ART and should be treated as such. Just because you can touch them, sit on them, etc you should still treat them with RESPECT. I don't think a lot of people realize how much work went into mine or the others.

Some people need to grow up and find something better to do then ruin someone else's hard work. They need a good slap on the hand or upside the head.

Comments

Popular Posts