Tales from Tattoo parlor

I'll admit it since getting my 2nd tattoo, I'm already after my 3rd. There is something about the sound of the tattoo gun, and the smells at the parlor that just make you want a tattoo it does me anyways. Sunday was my friend Shannon's birthday so as her present to herself she got her 6th tattoo.

While hanging out shooting the breeze with our ink slinger Paulee, I had mentioned while picking up Shannon's birthday cake, that I had seen one of the other benches on my way. Well it of course it brought up mine and Paulee was impressed he gave me quite the compliment about it. Shannon showed my drawing of Wonder Woman to him too after praising my work  he says to me "Have you ever considered being a tattooist?" Honestly it never occurred to me.

I was speechless! I admire Paulee and any tattooist a ton because of their awesome job they can take an idea and transform that into an amazing piece of art on your body. Sidebar: other favorite tattooist besides Paulee? Well, that's easy it's Corey Miller from LA Ink .

Paulee said it's like going back to school again he then told us his humble beginnings, how grew up basically around ink and built his own tattoo machine at 14 (which now is illegal so don't go building your own peeps). It sounded a lot like Corey's story. 

I'm not sure if the path of tattooing is in my future though peeps. It's not because of the blood (which I admit I am a little squeamish about), or the needles which I can handle in getting said tattoo just not in an hospital or doctor's office (weird I know). It's the fact DUH tattoos are permanent and I'm not talking Sharpie Marker permanent here. I would be so worried I'd make a HUGE mistake and that would be the end of it.

However, I was honored by Paulee giving me such an awesome compilment from an artist to another artist is always a huge plus in my book. I always love hearing praise from my creative peers :) but it has inspired me to come up with a sketch for my 3rd tattoo. I said to my shelf, "Shelf, why didn't you think of this before? You're an artist after all"  I'm still working out exactly what I want to do, and it will be a while before I get #3 I mean come on #2 is only a month and a half old although it is hard to resist temptation :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts