What a difference a year makes!

I just thought back to around this time last year (August 2008) and things could not have been worst for me. I had just lost my job of 9 years; lost a 2nd great possibility at another job (MDP) and my unemployment was denied. By the time September rolled around I was almost at the end of my rope money was almost gone and so was my 401k that I cashed in. Not long after I was finally to get unemployment by fighting it (that was the best ever kicking OTC’s ass!) then the long process of finding work. October came and I was thought I’d have a job by November, training was cancelled then a promise of December again cancelled, another promise into the New Year. Then the vandalizing of my car around New Year’s Eve.

Soon by the end of January I was employed at FAMC, lost unemployment due to working more than the required hours by the Workforce. February came mom and dad’s 40th anniversary. Later on more car trouble, the teens that went on the smashing spree were caught and sentenced, my 26th birthday, Sunday school ended, VBS, Relay for Life, St. Pat’s festival, the 4th of July working my 1st holiday, and JCF days.

Now it’s August again a year later, if I was still at my crappy job of OTC I’d probably be getting a plaque for my 10 years of service. But fate had other plans for me. Been employed 7 months at a fairly decent job, learning new experiences, making new friends, finding old ones (thanks to FB) I finally got a tattoo, took my 1st vacation and not loose my job when I came back, coming up with endless creative projects, and now a new car. Despite a few minor things (trying to get those bills paid off) life is finally for a change good for me. I have been truly blessed.

I always am reminded by Laura Ingalls’s farther Charles on Little on the Prairie when he said “The Lord will provide” makes sense doesn’t it? No matter how bad (or shitty) things got the Lord provided for me. It’s that verse in the Bible and to “Seek ye first” “Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will opened unto you” How true that really is! I often get impatient I want things to happen NOW like getting a new car. This last time we went to the dealership I almost backed because of the fear of not being able to get a car. But I went looked; test drove, and ended up with my Scion AKA Shorty. Worth the wait!

Now with my car I do have to put school on the back burner for a while I would like to get through the rest of this year and hopefully maybe by next fall I can go to Metro and study photography. I have the rest of the year to look forward to. Stacey Donahue and Tell U Ride concert at the end of this month, Bret Michaels at the state fair next month, Sunday school starting, and our church’s 40th anniversary.

I’m going to wrap up this blog now but before I wrap it up I want to end with what my Jones soda bottle cap I got today:

“You should be able to make money and hold on to it.”

I’m taking that as another sign by fate we’ll see what happens!

As always Later Days!

Comments

Popular Posts