Just Ducky

So I decided since my URL is maggietheartist I haven’t really posted anything about my projects that I have been working on until now. The other day we (Mary, Tillie and I) went and had dinner at KFC when I noticed a teenage girl had a purse made of duck tape. I thought how awesome is that? I recalled seeing once long ago that stuff could be made from duck tape even prom attire. So I got onto the official duck tape website and checked out the prom attire. They do a contest and award a scholarship to the winning design. Some were very creative and some well let’s just say they were interesting. They have been doing the contest for a while now and it makes me a little mad that I didn’t know about this when I was in high school because I SO would of done that.

Oh well if and when I get married maybe I can convince my future husband to go along with the idea of having our wedding attire made entirely of duck tape. It’d be pretty cost effective if he’s a red neck I’m pretty sure he’ll love the idea guess there is even camo style duck tape?

Anyways so I found the instructions for the purse and wallet, I plan to make them. Color wise I am thinking along the lines of pink and green Hoops and Yoyo colors. I’m pretty stoked because I am always looking for new DIY ideas. If this goes well I might expand into more ideas. I have an on-going project involving peace signs. It’s called the peace project; I thought it would be really awesome to make peace signs from different forms of media and photography. It has been a slow start. So far I have made peace signs from wallpaper samples I got from Menards and from glitter pipe cleaners. I haven’t really gotten around to doing anything more but now with this duck tape project it might just take off for me.

It is the redneck repair solution and I have been using it to fix my temporary driver’s side mirror. But now I have found a cooler purpose! I will let you know my project turns out.


TTFN

Comments

Popular Posts