Wait a mintue/Something's missing


Well I thought life was good for a while then karma seems to rear it’s ugly head and things tend to suck again. During the weekend Mary and I went out for drinks that was good, but I got my hopes up over something really dumb, that I don’t even know why I let it happen. In my mind’s eye, I knew I should of let my guard down so easy but there is that part of me the little kid that still believes in some things, said why not? Long story short I got burned and was pretty bummed over it. I’ve been playing John Mayer’s Something’s missing because it seems to fit. Here are the lyrics:

I'm not alone I wish I was Cause then I'd know
I was down because
I couldn't find a friend around
To love me like they do right now
They do right now

I'm dizzy from the shopping mall
I searched for joy but I bought it all
It doesn't help the hunger pain
And a thirst I'd have to drown first to ever satiate

Something's missing And I don't know how to fix it
Something's missing And I don't know what it is At all

When autumn comes It doesn't ask It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart

Something's missing And I don't know how to fix it
Something's missing And I don't know what it is At all

I can't be sure that this state of mind Is not of my own design
I wish there was an over-the-counter test For loneliness like this

Something's missingAnd I don't know how to fix it

Something's missing And I don't know what it is
No I don't know what it is
Something's different And I don't know what it is
No I don't know what it is

Friends(Check)
Money(Check)
A well slept opposite sex (Check)
Guitar(Check)
Microphone(Check)
Messages waiting on me when I come home
(Check)


I think for the most part I am over it (hoping) it wasn’t that bad because if it were I’d be listening to Kenny Cheseny non-stop that usually happens when I’m REALLY upset. You live and you learn moving on to happier and exciting things!!

I am VERY excited because Saturday night I get to see Stacy Donahue in concert again along with the country group Tell U Ride! Stacy is Mr. Donahue’s (he was my teacher in JR/SR High) oldest and she’s moved to Nashville to write and sing country music what a talent! And Tell U Ride is an up and coming country group they rock! I’m really not into the country groups (except Sugarland do they count or are they a duo?) anyways we got to meet them got autographs, plus pictures of Mary and I with Jimi Hendrix (that is his real name) the cute guitar player but they were on Jacob’s camera which ended up taking a turn in the washing machine… you guessed what happen so we never got copies of the picture :-( but this year Mary and I both have cameras! Plus the creative side of me suggested we make shirts to wear that night. So after debating in our favorite place at Wal-Mart the craft section! We decided on neon tulip fabric paint and heart patches so we could do we ♥ Tell U Ride! Mary already has letter stencils at home so saved us some money there! After the fight I’ve had with iron on letters in the past I thought we should steer clear of them and besides it end up costing a little too much.

Then if that isn’t enough next Tuesday is the Bret Michaels concert at the State Fair in Lincoln! I am going with my good friend and co-worker Shannon. I am so excited because it’s my 1st trip to the state fair EVER and I told Shannon that I must try something on a stick lol!

Last but not least creative news. I really need to get back into the duck tape project one my good friends from OTC PJ wants a cameo bag. I got the cameo for it just need to get neon orange to put on the inside and get taping! Then I have this nightstand that is from the OTC sale 2 years ago actually its snap storage bin for scrap booking but I converted it into my night stand but it needs to be liven up a bit. On the top I have my Kenny Chesney bandanna from the concert in ’06 and I have my alarm clock, my happy bunny calendar, my cell chair, my vintage candle holder lamp, and a vanilla lime Yankee candle but the drawers look so bland. I am thinking of scrapping them or stenciling a design onto them. Hmmm my scrap booking supplies are running low I may have to make a trip to a few of my favorite crafty places soon! Ah the thought of creating always perks me up!

And I’m shocked to say it but I am actually looking forward to fall. (Who is this person and what the heck she do with Maggie?) Summer ended for me two weeks ago when Paulee at Dr. Jack’s told me I couldn’t swim in lake water for a MONTH. But I want to do more pictures of Becki’s girls in town here since it’ll be cooler and no endless walking in the old market. Plus Becki was really stoked into modeling for the cemetery shoot at Ridge I pitched to her. I want to use up my black and white camera. I need to find another one.

That’s it for this time, will let you know how things go!

Comments

Popular Posts