Sunday Thoughts: Pen15 and my awkward teen years

 "You are my actual rainbow gel pen" 

I discovered Pen15 on Hulu last year and literally it is one the best things ever. Finally they released season 2 and it's reliving my awkward teen years in the late 90's-00's. Maya and Anna are two BFF's going through their first year of 7th grade. 


It's funny how accurate the show is of my teen years. Crazed about boys, the love of 90's bands, watching The Craft thinking you're a witch, embarrassing stuff about our changing bodies, the list goes on. Also the disappointment of being a teen. When your crush crushes you and doesn't like you back. The list goes on.

The show is wholesome and insanely funny. Which is the added bonus about the show. I feel nostalgic watching the shows because some of the things I did when I was their age. Plus the friendships I had back then were iconic, I am lucky to have some of those friendships today. This was before social media (thank goodness). 

If you haven't Pen15 I highly recommend it. Here's hoping there's more seasons.


Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts