Sunday Thoughts: An open discussion on Suicide

 September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day. 

If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues please reach out! I will be posting some helpful resources at the end of this post.

I wanted to talk about suicide. It's a dark and taboo subject which it shouldn't be. I am no stranger to it. As my cousin took his life in May 1997 he was only 29. I didn't understand the whys. There have been people sprinkled throughout my life classmates, acquaintances, celebrities, even Veterans who have taken their own lives. Recently a good friend took his life and a few days ago I discovered a gal I follow on Instagram (who lived in Australia) also took her life. 

My friend who took his life, seemed like he had his life together and was happy. But as another friend mentioned "Just because certain boxes are marked in life doesn't necessarily mean happiness". There are so many questions why but we will never know the answer. Especially with the pandemic a lot of people's mental health has been affected. Because some aren't working, are stressed, fearful the list goes on. 

I myself have struggled with mental health and never realized it for years because again it wasn't a talked about subject. I have been told numerous times to reach out but I kept thinking it was a cop out, that therapy wasn't for me until I started going to therapy a year ago and restarted after mom died. It's nice to know that someone is listening you and can give you advice on things. 

If you or you know someone is struggling please seek help!

Mental Health and Coping During COVID19 

National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 

Better Help 

This is the online therapists I use they have different ways of contacting a therapists. 

Call 911 


Know you matter and you are loved.


Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts