Sunday Thoughts: Closeted Pinup

As you all know, that I am a pin up gal. I am in my 4th year of pinup, I have competed in 4 (soon to be 5 shows), I have done 4 pinup shoots, I am in the process of getting published (just sent some photos to a magazine!) and I blog about it.

I don't do "Full pinup" every day meaning wear dresses with petticoats, full make up, styled hair etc. I wear pin up clothes to work most days, scarves, brooches etc. But not a full look. I try to save that for when I go to events, etc.

Anyways, one night at work I was asked about being on stage outside of work. So I said that I do pinup and said person didn't know what pinup was!! I found this a little surprising because said person should know what pinup is (or at least I think so) it was awkward trying to explain it to them. I get awkward sometimes when it comes to stuff like that because again most people know I do this as a hobby/lifestyle

Me trying to explain pin-up to someone who doesn't know 

Now, most of my co-workers know that I do pinup (I have a few of them as friends on Facebook not my bosses of course for professional reasons) and one of them has mentioned that "I do pinup" like it is some big secret that she had "stalked" my page to see my photos and stuff.  I don't see this particular boss very often either because of our schedules so there's no time for small talk (I'm usually going out the door as she is coming in) with her and I had to tell her that I couldn't work one night because I had a contest that I was in.

It was strange because I felt like I was in the closet sort to speak for being a pinup. Which isn't like me at all because I am LOUD and PROUD about being a pinup sometimes it's all I talk about (true story)  and think about.

I have lead somewhat of a private life as far back as I can remember it was just how I raised and 99.9% of the time I was worried about judgement from others, plus a little embarrassed too. In the world of social media judgement is on the regular. So it has always been hard for me to come out of my shell (hell I was embarrassed to show my 2nd pinup photos because of my cleavage!) and also I feel like at work is work that not everything needs to be out there and private needs to be private.

But not pinup I am proud of what I do as a pinup, it makes me very happy to be able to do what I do. It takes so much time and dedication. Ask any pinup out there, they will say the same thing!!

I am Miss Mag Nificent I LOVE being a pinup!!!


Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent





Comments

Popular Posts