Growing up

There are so many things we look forward to in life, getting your drivers license, being able to vote graduating high school, turning 21, graduating from college, moving out on your own and so on. I'm turning 28 in less than a month it's almost scary because I soon will no longer a 20 something but a 30 something. Though of course I sometimes feel like I've never grown up or I try to anyways. But I have a lot of the milestones I mentioned above and Monday the most recent milestone happended.

I am getting my very own apartment. The past 4 years I've lived with my best friend and her mother but it is time for me to move on onto a new adventure. I was a bit surprised that getting my own apartment would happen so fast. I had looked at the place Friday, then Monday I turned in the appilcation, before I knew I was approved and I was turning in my deposit!!!  Totally unexpected I thought for sure I'd have to go through a very lengthly process to even find something because it took us a while to get our current house.

Now it's time to scramble because I am moving while I'm vacation the week of April 11-15th I sign the lease Monday. In a way it's good timing but also bad timing because I have to finish my bench still it's due that Friday. But I'm hoping everything will work itself out it usually does.

What I am most excited about is that I will finally have my own studio space in the apartment! I got a two bedroom and it has been a dream of mine for a while to have a studio or a creative space now I get it :) plus I can decorate how I want without having anyone else's approval since I am so limited currently just my side of the room I share with my roommate. Oh also I have a deck perfect for when summer comes around the corner and I can sit out there on warm summer nights with my ice tea (when I am not at the beach!)

However it is also bittersweet because I am leaving two amazing people my best friend since 7th grade and her mom which in some ways has become a 2nd mom to me. But it's time I spread my wings and become a little more independent. Like when I moved out of my parents house for the 1st time it was very hard at first but go easier with time. 

I also admit I was a bit worried because I don't have everything I will need for my apartment. I felt overwhelmed for a while too but then I told myself that as long as I have the bare essentials for now the rest can come together later. I remember for like the first month of living in my house I lived out of a box so it does take time like the song "Time is on my side yes it is".

I am so ready to begin this new chapter in my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts