Valentines!

Well, it is the week before Valentines day and I finished my cards a bit early.  I'm not really a huge fan of V-day but I still make cards for my co-workers because they're awesome ladies to work with. But even better I made some Anti-Valentines; which I'll share possibly next Monday since these are really the only Valentines day-ish projects I've done. Plus I'm gearing up for St. Patrick's day.  I'll share my top 4 favs:
Card #1

All cards were made with scraps along with a Making Memories Love pack I got in some scrap goodies, and along with the ribbon. Who says hearts have to pink or red? I also used a heart template. That is where I got the idea for the design, I had all this pink paper cut to size where you could just fold and wa la instant card.

Card #2
Reminds me of plaid skirt :)

Card #3

The stripes on the big heart remind of the Victoria Secret packaging. I love LOVE pink/black combo for punk-ish. I think that's why I begin to like pink so much because of how well it goes with black (well anything goes with black for that matter)

Card #4
This what I love about being an artist, you can the bend the rules, I've heard the term "Indie artist or crafter" and some of my cards are true to that.  The other cards (not shown) I did use pinks, reds, and whites but a few like these have the hot pink and black in them. You expand your creative mind a little if you mix it up a little otherwise life would be pretty boring.  That's why this quote comes to mind:


"Be as you are" ~Kenny Chesney

Have a great day!  

Comments

  1. I love these! What a great idea! I always think, I should make my own cards. But somehow I get too busy, or I get overwhelmed when I go to pick out supplies. But this has inspired me! I think I actually WILL make my own cards! I don't know if I'll get to before V-day, but I'm definitely going to do this sometime.

    :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts