Sunday Thoughts: Reflections of Halloween

 It's November 1st.

Halloween is officially over. Although being a Spooky Babe Halloween is never truly over. My decor is still sprinkled with touches of Spooky, including my gothic bedroom (a slow project). 

I didn't get to go to the pumpkin patch (again) this year nor Haunted Houses (most were closed due to COVID), nor Junk stock Fall Edition. It's my own fault for not budgeting and planning accordingly. I also attempted to shop earlier for Halloween decor only to be faced with disappointment as most stores were behind on getting the decor out (again I blame COVID) and miss out on some decor that I really wanted (the life size skeleton slipped through my fingers again).

I did manage to do quite a bit of spooky crafts this year much to my excitement. But yet I still feel that I didn't do everything that I set out to do each year.  It always seems the whole year drags (especially this year) and when October rolls along and boom it's over before you know it, the one thing I wait 365 days for and is gone in an instant. 

Even in retail, Mid October Halloween is yanked from the shelves and Christmas is in it's place. I have my own issues about the holidays (a separate post for another day). But the thrill is gone. No more hunting for those spooky treasures, the thrill of ticking off items off the fall bucket list or wish list. Pumpkin Spice is replaced with peppermint. 

My plan for next Halloween:

*Start earlier LIKE end of JUNE early: Lesson learned. I was for sure that I started my hunt early but it turned out not so much. That's where I sort of fell short I think because there was some new places (At Home, Joann, TJ Maxx/Home Goods, Lowe's & Aldi) that I didn't fully get to some of these places or I did it was super too late. 

*Keep an on going wish list for next year: I really should transfer the items I did not get this year in hopes of getting them next year. Or finding them through Etsy and whatnot 

*If I see something buy the damn thing. Man it's one thing I learned is buyer's regret! there is so many items I thought about then decided later that I needed said item it was too late. Mainly because I'm cheap, and usually things go on sale (I did have some sort stroke of luck with some items). 

*Save money up to spend on Halloween goodies: I always save up for a tattoo, I should for Halloween decorations and goodies. 

*Come up with a plan decoration wise. I just decorate. I think having some sort of "method to my madness" may help. Like plan some sort of theme with areas (for an example Fortune Telling) that way decorating may go smoother. 

*Have a bucket list (again) and dedicate time for everything I want to do: I used to come up with a bucket list for the fall but I didn't do that this year. I think that was part of my problem too.

*More Halloween outfits: This is where I fall short as well. I miss the ball too. 


Until Next Year,

Miss Mag Nificent 



Comments

Popular Posts