Gothic Bedroom transformation

If you've followed me for awhile you know two things about me:

*I like changing my bathroom

*And changing my bedroom 

It's that time once again to change my room (again!). I think with the virus, grieving, etc. I've decided to change up my room. The studio is pretty much done and I'm between projects (I have been art journaling). I decided to go dark/spooky with my room. Also restyling is fun! 

I really haven't had a universal theme since I moved in, I think this might be 3rd time I've changed my room? Can't remember one of things about changing up a space is BUDGET. 

When I re-did the studio/beauty room, I didn't really set one and just went all in. I have yet to share the final numbers on that, but I really didn't want to spend as much money on my bedroom as I did with the beauty room, so I went with what I had and did a small purchase on some decor. 

Here are some of the before photos (before I got too carried away):




With my bed, no real overall changes, I did swap out my grey pineapple pillows for my black ones in the living room, then added my skull throw pillows to the mix. I have dark grey sheets so I am holding off on purchasing another comforter or bedding set (they are a year old the Stitch Bedding is 2). I 100% don't know the rules of swapping out bedding (I try to be better about washing them) I did have black sheets for a while and enjoyed having them. 

As for the Marilyn Monroe picture, I got it when Gordman's went out of business for the first time. It's too big to relocate nor do I have any wall for space for it. So it stays too. As for my night stand, I was tempted to paint it black but I talked myself out of it. I may (when it's restocked) swap out the material in the drawers with Fat Corners or dark bandannas. 



The gallery wall. My relationship with gallery walls are strange I will give you that. Bride stays (she's the focal point of the wall), and one of my purchases is a black shelf (with stripes!) 


The Cap shelf. Man this was one was hard. I will recap next week how I was able to achieve the goal I wanted!!

Have a great weekend! 

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts