Starbucks Valentine's Box

If you have been following me for a while you know I am a Starbucks junkie. But as the years have gone on, I've cut back on my Starbucks addition which is shocking! I do LOVE their frappuccino's!

Chic on the cheap posted another Dollar Tree Valentine's Craft that I knew I had to do! 

Here's the video:



Materials:
Coffee Filters
Glue Gun
Sparkle hearts and Jute twine (optional) 
Plastic bowl and plate sets from Dollar Tree
Green paper 
Starbucks printable (found in description) 
Large plastic Tub 


So when I went to my Dollar Tree to get the materials everything but the plastic tub. (This seems to be a trend with my Dollar Tree :/) I went to Hobby Lobby and found a Valentine's one (I had a coupon). Basically you would want the tub with handles if a kiddo were to use it they could slip the Valentines in the handles/slots! 

Note: Wal-Mart also carries them too optional you can spray paint them to represent the white Starbucks cup or also add the brown paper to represent the sleeve!

Step 1: Cut out the Starbucks logo printable and glue to the tube. I used Mod Podge:


Step 2: Glue the bowl to the plate. (Both comes in a 2 pack so you can make another one!) 


Notice Stark's paw? He was helping! 

I had to use E6000 as opposed to hot glue because it was NOT cooperating.  

Step 3: To make the "whipped cream" of the Frappuccino take the coffee filters, bunch them up to look like "flowers" I didn't photograph this process mainly because I was trying to glue them together ended up with a glue gun burn, then I tried regular glue which didn't work either so I just folded them.

Step 4: Glue the filters to cover the bowl about half way through roll the green paper into the shape of a tube to look like the straw glue down and add filters around to fill in.

Step 5: Glue glitter hearts to represent "sprinkles" 



If you really want to extra you can cut some jute twine or ribbon to represent "drizzle" but I skipped this step since I had trouble with the filters. I did a combination of red/pink hearts.

Step 6: Set on top of tub. Sara Jane did not mention to attach the top which makes sense to transport/open the box to access the Valentine's but if you're doing it just for decoration you could add a few drops of glue to hold things in place.

Here's the finished product!



It turned out really cute! 

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts