Bottle cap shrine

I love bottle caps ever since I was kid don’t know what the fascination is exactly but they’re cool. I save them to come up with something cool in crafting and I finally found something which also happens to be a green craft too!


One of my favorite crafters the Crafty Chica makes shrines. After reading her book Waking Up in the Land of Glitter I was bitten by the shrine making bug. I was checking out her blog for shrine ideas when I saw the bottle cap shrines I fell in love.

Materials:

Bottle caps

Small objects that will fit into a bottle cap, scrap paper, etc

Glue and glue dots

Glitter or glitter glue pen

My little shrine is dedicated to my love of frogs. I used a charm from an old charm bracelet.


First I used some scrap paper that I traced with a small pattern and lined the bottom of the cap with.


Next, for the lily pad I used a small green flower which I used a 3D glue dot for.




Then it’s time for my little frog to be glued so I used Aleene’s tacky glue all over his bum and stuck him on the flower.


After, I used a little bit of glitter glue pen around the flower, or if you have loose glitter that works too.


Once everything is dry I added a green hear bead (it happens to glow in the dark) to complete my shrine. Actually I wanted a green letter F bead for Frog but this works too. I could have went with a different color bead but I wanted to stick with my theme.

I can't wait to make more of these shrines!

Comments

Popular Posts