Titanic 100 years later

I'm about three days late about posting about Titanic but better late than never! I am a Titanic nerd. Of course in my teens I was a die-hard Leonardo DiCaprio fan, so when the movie came out I saw it so many times. I even wrote the article on Titanic in Jr. High for the school paper. The more research I did the more I became hooked.

It seems after a 100 years there are new stories that have "surfaced" in fact I was surprised to find out a Titanic survivor was buried in my home town! Here is the article I have yet to locate the headstone but once I get a chance I plan on it :)

It's nice to know that my state is a apart of that history there is another survivor that was from Wahoo and I thought for sure I'd have to take a road trip up to Wahoo to find where he was buried and then to see his boarding pass at the museum in Saunders County I plan to but it's awesome to know a survivor lived in my own back yard.

If anything I love hearing about the stories of the passengers from the famous to the non-famous who because of the sinking became famous.

A few years ago now there was a traveling Titanic exhibit that came to Omaha and I was able to tour it I enjoyed it so much I even got to touch an iceberg. I even got a boarding pass of passenger, but I discovered she didn't survive. She was only 18 years old.

I watched the movie on VHS this weekend, I didn't see the 3D version of it. I cry everytime I see the movie. You know a movie is good when you cry everytime no matter how many times you see it.

Are you big Titanic nerd like me?

Comments

Popular Posts