The Jeans Project: Roses

Read the start of the story check it out here


For my 1st Jeans project I am sharing something that is done with the scraps. I am working backwards, I realize but the other projects are still in the works. Check back soon for those!

I was trying to figure what to do with the scraps when I stumbled upon Alisa Burke’s blog on how to make scrap flowers. At first my strips were a bit short and the roses weren’t looking like the pictures. They looked more like rose buds. I had to walk away from it for a while sometimes you got to do that.

I decided that I would have to stitch some of the strips together. I finally got the hang of it:



I used hot glue instead of tacky glue which I couldn’t get to hold. I think I will make a wreath with the roses. I haven’t found a Christmas wreath locally that I love and its better sometimes to make your own. I need to get a light pair of jeans though. Also I’m debating if the roses need glitter on them or not.

Stayed tunned for the wreath I make with the roses!

Comments

Popular Posts