What 9/11 has taught me

I was trying to figure out what I was going to post for 10 year anniversary of 9-11. Most people remember where they were, what they were doing, etc. I being different wanted to write about what 9-11 has taught me because it's obivious that it was a huge life lesson and I haven't done a randomness list in awhile either.

What 9/11 has taught me:

*Freedom isn't free. We're always been told that growing up, but when 9/11 happened it was a 100% true. I think we've taken it for granted.


*To be more patriotic. I remember after the attacks my job Oriental Trading Company, everyone was calling in ordering anything that a flag on it. Some people I remember were mad that items were sold out like a person was planning a party and they kinda grumped do the fact this happened they couldn't get what they want. In a way they're right but it's another thing we take for granted. Some ways it's sad that it took a tragedy for people to become more patriotic who probably didn't think twice about it. I admit I'm one of them. It's true what they say United We Stand I am a firm believer of that now.

*To love family and friends more. That pretty much explains itself.

*Life is WAY too short "Nuff said

It's amazing how much has changed in 10 years. I was 18 and I had just graduated high school, I had now idea what I wanted to do with my life. A year later I enrolled in college.

I put 10 flags out on my patio Friday 1 for each year. And I will have a breif moment of silence it'll have to be early because it's actually the first day of Sunday School today.

Peace to all today, may never ever forget!

Comments

Popular Posts