The Picker Sisters

Hi, I am here physically. I am working on some various projects and will hopefully be sharing them soon. Onto this post.


Before the anticipated Husker game Saturday, I was looking for something to watch on TV at dad's. I don't have cable at home anymore (a luxury I gave up) so whenever I go over to dad's to do laundry I pretty much watch TV while waiting. Okay it's usually Sponge Bob but that's besides the point.

Anyways, I was watching on Lifetime an episode of this season's Project Runway (I miss watching that show) afterwards there was a show called The Picker Sisters



The show is about two designers from Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The blond Tracey I remember because she had the pink tool belt and hardhat. Anyways the show is about the two of them (I can't remover the other designers name) starting their own furniture business I-10 in LA. They both travel the states for junk to turn into furniture. Seriously.

Stuff that you would have never thought twice about. A lot of the stuff was rusted and I kept thinking really? They're going to make a piece of furniture out of this? But the more episodes I watched the more interesting it became to me. When dad came home he got into it too.

Of course they had help from a guy named Alan who transformed their ideas into reality. Here is a few things they turned into furniture:

An old fan: became a lamp

An old retro radiator: became a chair

A really old tree stump: several stools

A hood from a VW Beetle: A love seat

A pest a side sprayer: Lights

Ready for the one that amazed me the most?

They had gotten a silo and turned into hanging chairs. That one was neat.

Most of the junk of course they had to buy off the owners. One of the places they went to they actually got to do a trade because the guy was an artist he made really funky sculptures out of the junk. He was the one that had the VW hood. But they never showed what they were going to send him it should of been the loveseat.
Overall I liked the show and it's true what they say: beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder and it proves that artist/designers CAN make something out of pretty much anything as long as you set your mind to :)

Later Days!

Comments

Popular Posts