MisFit Flash Review

*note this post is completely 100% my opinion I was not compensated or anything*

I wanted to get a fitness gadget but I wasn’t sure on what to get. They are so many out there and I’ve seen a variety of people with different ones. Plus I started an Iditarod challenge at work so I needed something to count my steps like a pedometer (remember those? McDonalds used to hand them out like candy). Originally I had a pedometer app on my smart phone which was fine however, I didn’t have a clip for my phone so I couldn’t attach it to my waist. So I had asked for some opinions on Face book but didn’t get any positive feedback so I went on my own to find something.

I had found a Fitbit Zip which was a wireless activity tracker instead of it going on your wrist you clip it to your waistband. The reviews were good on-line so I purchased one. I hadn’t used yet but later that day I was at Best Buy and came across a Misfit Flash which is basically the same thing but first off it was way cheaper than the Fitbit, I could wear it on my wrist or clip it, it’s water proof, you can use it as a watch, and it seemed to do just as much as the Fitbit but again the price won me over. So I purchased the Misfit and returned the Fitbit.

You have to down load the app for your smart phone and then you sync up. I only used part of the day Thursday March 5th so my steps were low:



Saturday March 7, I went to Jazzercise and they increased of course:



I was quite impressed. The rest of week went well you get points too but I’m not sure how that works yet and I haven’t reached my goal of 1,000 steps yet. With my hours I don’t have enough time throughout the day to get it in. I have been making it to Jazzercise everyday this week (more classes during the week yay!!)

Here is the sleep tracker part since my sleep schedule isn't normal #nightshift:




I was really tired! I never ever get a full nights sleep when I'm work so I was really happy about that!


The positives: I can wear on it on my wrist; it seems to be pretty accurate on counting my steps, It is indeed waterproof (I’ve worn while I’ve done dishes, and bathed), and it’s pretty simple to use. Plus it comes in my favorite color!!

The only negatives I have is that it doesn’t always sync up right away and sometimes the center pops out which worries me if I do actually want to swim with it I’m afraid I’ll lose it in the pool.

Overall I give The Misfit Flash an A I am definitely happy in my fitness investment!

What Fit Gadgets do you own?

Comments

Popular Posts