Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy Day before St. Patrick’s Day! If you’ve been around here before you know St. Patrick’s Day is my 2nd favorite holiday. I didn’t get a chance this year to do a lot of projects I planned for (insert sigh) and I have to work Tuesday as well so I can’t properly celebrate but I made a dessert this weekend that’s green!

Original plan was a pie from pinterest but for some reason I could not find a cookie pie crust at Hy Vee and I didn’t want to run to another store so I decided to use what I have to create the dessert!

I started with mini mint Oreos that I put in the processor to crush up:



I have some mini clear cups so I placed the cookies in the bottom of it:



Next I took some mint chocolate chip ice cream (two scoops):


Followed by another layer of cookies:




Last but not least the top layer is whipped cream, more cookies, chocolate syrup and a whole cookie for garnish:



Here's a full shot it was yummy!!




If you’re watching calories, I used fat-free whipped cream plus it’s why I used the small cup. Plus you don’t have a whole pie to eat anyways!

Speaking of mint desserts (which I’m addicted to) I went to Arby’s for this treat:



It’s a mint shake with chocolate syrup and crushed Andie’s mints on top.

Come back tomorrow for a quick easy St. Patrick's Day craft!!



Comments

Popular Posts