Recap VBS

So last week was VBS. After my Sunday School hiatus it felt weird to be back in my room after not being in it at all this year. They painted my room and I'm supposed to do a mural (eventually) on the wall.

I had a total of 6 kiddos. 4 boys and 2 girls. I always seem to have a ton of boys. I did have 8 originally but the first day the little girl I had was so co-dependant of her mother the second mom left the girl cried and I mean CRIED then I was trying to console her and call mom at the same time I bonked the poor girl's head (score one for me being the bad teacher) which made her cry LOUDER. Mom came and her older brother who was also in my class left when she did. Never came back. Can't say I blame them. I felt bad that it happen.

One day I did have another boy. But other than that I had my 6. The kids were a riot fest. Very talkative bunch and the stuff they say priceless. I did have a couple of meltdowns too with one boy. Friday was the only day the kids didn't go out for recess which they do after snack time to burn off steam. Well the staff made the mistake of serving the kiddos brownies and orange (diet) soda floats (which none of my kids drank much of picky, picky. I think they rock) not the wisest snack to give the kiddos they got the cupcakes the other who am I to argue? But they weren't able to go outside and I tried to keep them amused with craft projects that failed epically I had hyper and cranky kiddos on my hands. My church has an upstairs that's not used anymore so I took them up there so they could run around for awhile and burn their sugar rush off.

None the less the week went well and I would do it all over again (no I'm not sniffing glue). Here are some pics I snagged of the kids:

Left to right: Garrett, Hunter, Reid, Riley, Dalton and Jocelyn
Left to right: Michael, Riley, Garrett, Hunter, Jocelyn, and Dalton
Silly bunch aren't they?

Comments

Popular Posts