Re-Thinking

As you know I’ve lived in my apartment for a year now and now I beginning to re-think my decorating ideas a little bit. Being a visual person, I always like to change things up.
Anyways I thought about things here and there that I want to change. Little things, I gotten new shower curtain for my bathroom recently that helped in there and I replaced a chair in my bedroom that I’ve had for years with a chair that more fit my beach theme:

Last week, I had gone to Gordmans to use a gift card I got for my birthday, I was looking at the home décor section when I noticed the bright colors of the summer dishes and the bright colored utensils. As you know, my kitchen and living room is black, white mainly the living room has some pink to it. The kitchen I thought about some red, but haven't made much of an effort. In my kitchen, I have James Dean and Marilyn Monroe prints as I do in my living room. I had picked up black utensils at the dollar store when I moved because it was cheap. Now after a year the markings are starting to smudge away on my measuring cups and spoons.

Gordmans had pink measuring cups, spoons, spatulas, etc. I looked at them that day but did not get any. Then a week later I went again I almost bought a pink spatula but I changed my mind. Could I really commit to this? If I changed one thing it means buying more items to match. Plus it is an investment.

I would still keep the black of course the lazy Susan I have that holds my utensils is black and the pink would look good in there, then I’d have to get some other items too not to mention getting rid of other items. I plan on possibly having a garage sale this summer so I could easily sell some of the items. Not the measuring stuff since it’s all smudged I may keep them for something. Then use my garage sale earnings to purchase new goodies? It’s a thought.

Another thing I have these pretty pink wine glasses that I got on a junking adventure a while back and right now they’re in my cupboard I feel they should be displayed but not sure how I want to go about it.

Okay I’m sounding a bit OCD at the moment so I’ll stop; maybe I’m just going through a phase?

I am open to any ideas and suggestions!

To be continued I’m sure!

Comments

Popular Posts