Mother's Day Tea cup

I've wanted to do something with Tea Cups my friend Vicki Chrisman has done some awesome work with tea cups an Alice in Wonderland theme and these cuties here Also at I love to create there is an awesome birdfeeder  In fact I made a birdfeeder but that's for another day.

Since Mother's Day is coming up I will share one of the teacups I made for my mom. I went to Goodwill (my favorite haunt) to locate some teacups to alter up. I cam across two teacups that my parents in fact have:



I then went to the $ Tree for some fake flowers and I grabbed some ivy as well. I didn't snap a picture of the teacup lined with the ivy leaves oops! But that was my first step I lined the whole inside of the cup with them.

Next, I took the flowers and arranged them inside:


I did a layer upon layer look but I realized it still needed something else but what? I went digging in my stash came up empty then I went to one of my jewelry boxes and found it:



The butterfly is from a brooch that was my grandmothers (my mom's mother) I just removed the back and attached it to the flower. It looks perfect there! Like it was a meant to be :) I love how that works!

I added a ribbon to the handle so the cup can be hanged.

I think mom will appreciate it because of the connection. And the craft was under $5.00 bucks too .59 cents for the mug, $1.00 for the flowers and ivy so that's $3.59 total cost! I love when I get away with making a craft cheap but the sentimental value is always priceless :)

Stay tunned for the teacup birdfeeder I will be sharing that soon!!





Comments

Popular Posts