Miss Shamrock 2018

Back on October 21st (I'm playing catch-up here) I attended my 5th and final contest for 2018 Miss Shamrock at Hooks Pub in the town of Clinton Iowa.

I had no intentions of competing again for the rest of the year after my tragic Daisy Jones mishap but I didn't want to end of the year on a bad note so when I saw Miss Shamrock I knew I wanted to do one more to end the year right!!!

The only kicker was Clinton Iowa is 6 HOURS away which meant my pinup partner in crime Cora (aka Sara) and I had to leave Saturday afternoon for the contest Sunday. (Note to shelf: never go to a pinup contest that is THAT many hours away from you!). We got a hotel and arrived at Clinton by 8pm CST.

Also to my delight, I discovered that Lucky Gal Tattoo is a REAL place! (post on that later too!)

We got up Sunday morning and got our glam on! I decided I really wanted to have fun with this look so I did a Captain America inspired look:



Dress: More Me Know
Hair Flower: Lilo Jo (which ended up falling apart)
Shoes: Bettie Paige
Shield: Target Dollar Spot
Earrings and Brooch: Femme De Bloom

Cora's sister did victory rolls for me!
My original look I had planned (early) I just wasn't feeling, the closer the event was coming, I just had no desire to go through with it. I had to DIY something and did not get around to it which is very unusual for me!

I went to my favorite place Target and found a foam Captain America Shield (yay dollar spot!) in plans to put at my permanent cubicle at work but inspiration hit me to do a Cap look for the contest. As I mentioned before, I really wanted to have fun with this!





One more for good measure!!


I didn't win but I made some amazing friendships which is way more important than a tiara or sash!

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts