Up-cycle Coke bottle soap dispenser

Hi! I know it's been awhile. Life has gotten in the way. Plus I've been busy putting the finishing touches on my vintage style kitchen. Which I'll be sharing soon taking pictures etc. Plus I still have Loot Crate, Ipsy to share too.

 Today I am sharing a quick project that I found on Pinterest.Which ties into my kitchen theme. I had a Mason Jar soap dispenser in my kitchen however it got rusted pretty quickly which I am disappointed about. But since starting my remake I wanted something more that matches. I was on my Pinterest board looking for something else then I discovered an easy soap dispenser up-cycle project an I got excited!!

I actually have some aluminum Coke bottles on hand for this. You can use glass bottles too which I plan to transition to eventually when I get some glass Coke bottles! But for now this works:




Next you need a pump of some kind which I used the one from the Mason jar dispenser since it was black and it would match the red. My original plan was to dump the soap that was already in the other dispenser however I discovered rust flakes in the soap!! *sighs* so that was NOT an option!

Lucky for me I had some extra soap from Target's $1 bin that I had used to fill the other dispenser with, I filled the bottle with it. That filled the bottle about halfway which is fine for now since I don't want to be wasteful and then I can get some red colored soap to fill it with later.

Of course screw on the pump  onto your bottle and she's ready to go!

I am a wee bit concerned about rust since I have a metal sink too so I stuck a plastic lid under my dispenser just in case.

I can't wait to show you the rest of my kitchen! 

Comments

Popular Posts