People in glass houses (or studios) shouldnt throw stones

Its Hobby Lobbys fault. I just had to go in there and it always leads to no good. As you recall, I went there after my christmas shopping marathon as a treat to myself since it was closer than Michaels. I was in the back in the glass isle looking for a bottle for a another project idea I had. Hobby Lobby is known for its "creative inspirations" which are hung near just about every isle of HL. I own a personal stack of these ideas on a big hoop ring.

Anyways I snagged a couple new ideas to add to my stack including "A jar for everything... and everything in its jar!" meaning storage for items and supplies for your studio. A big uh oh flashed in my head. I have been feverishly working on finding just the right storage containers for my studio and I thought I had done a pretty bang up job with my cute mini sized storage containers from Staples (aka Office Supply Heaven). When I got home to put the new ideas on the ring I read the article. Stylish storage that "clearly" works! Well duh it is glass after all. Then I began to think maybe I should look into this as a storage option. Hmmmm.

I did have a few glass items laying around the studio waiting for the altering light of day so I pulled them out. As I empited my plastic containers and placed them on my create shelf I noticed first off how nicer it looked on the shelf. Second I noticed how much less room the glass jars take up as opposed to my plastic containers which I had to stack and silly me I forgot to take a before shot, I didn't take any pictures of the studio decorated for Christmas either oops. So here it is now:


As you can "clearly" see the variety of sizes of glass I had on hand. The jar on the far left was originally going to be used for a Christmas gift but I didn't end up using it so it fit my slides perfectly, next my pip squeaks glitter glue pens got a new home from a jar I kept my mini sea shells in (the shells are now in a Mason jar if you're wondering), the binder clips and my ABC beads are in some glass jars that was from dried beef, and lastly my newest glue pens (thank you secret Santa!) was a pickle jar lol.

You can add some ribbon to lids on around the jars, also attach some small tags if your label happy me not so much. I think that was one of my problems with the plastic having to label them.

I really love this new storage option! "I can see clearly now" Hee hee.

Comments

Popular Posts