The Jeans Project: Scrap Bangle Bracelet

Bangles are making a come back!


I had extra scraps from making my wreath I was thinking what could I do with them? They’re a few ideas and I will share them all in good time. But for today’s jeans project it’s a bangle bracelet.

One of my Christmas gifts from one of my sweet co-workers was a fancy scarf that came on a plastic hoop. Which happens to fit my wrist perfectly so why not make a fancy bracelet?



Sidebar: If you don’t have a plastic hoop, or even a bangle bracelet, there are other options including an empty duck or packing tape roll. You can use just about anything that’ll fit your wrist!

I used my Aleene’s turbo tacky glue to cover my hoop, then I just wrap the scrap around the hoop like so:



Once you let your bracelet dry you can use puffy paint or glitter glue to jazz up your bracelet. I left mine plain for now I like it that way plus I still need to get Tulip Beads in a Bottle which isn’t sold locally.



Variations: If you don’t have jean scraps you can use just about anything else you have on hand ribbon, other scrap material, yarn, and I’ve seen even tinsel at Christmas! The possibilities are endless!

I also recommend this craft for young girls and teens!

Comments

Popular Posts