Creative Bomb

Yeah this is SO me
Most you know that I have my own apartment now and I have an extra room that has become my studio or creative space whatevs you wanna call it. Before when I lived with my roommates I just had an area and a closet, even when I lived with my parents I had a desk but granted I had that desk since I was like 10 and it was the "center of the universe" for junk to be put on top of. So needless to say I could sit there.

When I did any creating at home or art school homework I usually did it down stairs at the table or on my drawing board. Living with roommates I did my projects on the floor or with said drawing board (have drawing board will travel). Now that I have my own studio complete with desk and even a easel (living the high life here peeps) if I have done anything creative, have I sit at the desk? Nope I promptly sit on the floor and work away. While the poor desk is ignored.

It's an artist habit I know because I'm used to working from the floor. Plus the fact is the nearest outlet isn't by my desk it's on the other side near the closet I don't have an extension cord (yet) for my glue gun so I've been gluing from that spot on the floor.

The other thing I've been making huge creative messes lately. Like a creative bomb has gone off in the room. My studio also double as an office too, I do my bills (at my desk)there and I have my bookshelf in there as well so I grabbed books to read. The last mess was a pletohra of creative stuff, books, etc. I finally got around and cleaned it. I cleaned a little too well because I couldn't find certain things.

Sitting at work one morning I says to myself "Self, you need to oraganize the studio better" For the most part it is oragnized in my humble opinion fairly well. However I do still two rather large totes full or creative stuff not gone through or anything so when I have to look for something, I never know where to start in those totes. So the other morning after work I took the liberty of emptying those totes, sorting everything, and putting stuff in proper places.

But it doesn't stop there oh no. To put stuff in proper places it meant emptying other locations of stuff (meaning my drawers on wheels from my college days, etc) then placing for example paper in a drawer then giving it's own happy little sticky note label so I know exactly where everything is.

Needless to say, I have let off one HUGE, creative bomb in the studio worse than the one before, they are causlties my desk and chair are covered in stuff.  Now me I had no idea it was that bad until I stood up from my spot on the floor and got a better view of it. That was when I knew to give up for the day and close my studio door so I don't have to see it.

It's now Friday? I haven't been back in there since, well only to grab an item here and there. I quickly get out of there. I suppose since I'm off this weekend I should finish the mess I made so it looks like a clean studio again.

Does anyone have a backhoe I can borrow?

Comments

Popular Posts