Hall closet organization

Wow hard to believe that it's February already! Sorry I have been having issues with posting. I think I got it figured out!

With a New Year everyone likes to do the purge. Go through stuff, get rid of stuff, re-organize etc. I started in on a few locations. Recently  I was opened my hall closet when suddenly I needed to re-do it. Here’s a before:




Okay it’s not the whole thing. I have two more shelves. But yikes, for the most part I do tend to keep somewhat organized but I needed to do a little overhaul. So I started with the middle or the biggest shelf. I have a black bin which is like a catch all for extra stuff (I will get back to what I did with it in a bit):


Stuff I buy extra of, the bag of cotton balls, and so on. Well it’s overflowing so I emptied it. I decided the bin was ideal for my extra candles, holders, melts etc.They were originally in a Thirty One caddy (love me so Thirty One!!) and crammed at the bottom of my shelf on top of my extra bags. I took all those out. Here’s the bottom shelf:




The other bin is more miscellaneous items. Where I keep sunscreen during the colder months, I keep my stain remover, etc:




Now that I had an empty Thirty One caddy I put my nail polish collection back into it:




They were in there before then you know me I changed it but it’s the best thing to carry all my polish (I do have a lot) and the side pockets are perfect for the nail tools. I also have a black caddy that was just sitting in my car I found a use for that one too for all the extra stuff that was in the black bin before. Here’s the middle shelf after:



Much better! I know sorry about the clear bins showing you know what but anyways the other bin used to carry extra first aid stuff which again I relocated (a separate post) and this bin became a place for all my travel items:



The next two shelves I did a switch around. I lowered my bath towels (tip: rolling your towels a life saver) and then moved my wash rags, kitchen towels etc up one. See those round bins yup Thirty One again I discovered fit toilet paper nicely! I need one more!


Okay last but not least my bag collection. I placed them where my towels were since these are bags I don’t use often. Yup the only shelf that remained tidy was the very top one where my games are. I have to use a stool to get to them short person problems:




Here’s the final picture:



I am pleased how well this turned out. Also that I used stuff that I had on hand instead of running to the store to find stuff. Always, always use what you have first!

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts