Beach Bag Essentials

*note: I am on vacation this week so enjoy some post dated entries!*

So you’re probably wondering why I am posting about beach bag essentials on artist blog? Well I like variety and if you’ve been on this blog for a while you know I love the beach. I have been to the beach going for a long time and I’ve learned tricks of the trade as it were and why not share them?

First my bag:



It’s from Thirty One. What I love about this bag, it has lots of pockets which are a MUST for me on any purse or bag. Plus I love the colors (not pink or black!) very summery. Also it’s waterproof plus has plenty of room for my essentials.

Here’s what I put in my bag:

Picture #1





1. Sunscreen. I have two bottles (one is almost empty) I have fair skin and burn easily, I always chose a high SPF. I re-apply pretty regularly; spray is so much easier than lotion. I try to practice safe sun.

2. Sun In, I love using this to naturally highlight my hair.

3. A hair brush and an extra hair tie. My hair tangles so easy so I pack a cheap hair brush just in case and I always wear my hair up or in a braid at the beach so I carry an extra hair tie because the snap sometimes

In the Frisbee (that needs no explaination):

1. Cheap sunglasses. I love sunglasses but I tend to lose them or break them and I wear my sunglasses even in the water, actually these were a found pair at the beach they’re a little scratched which is okay so I when I go to the beach I switch my them out so I won’t get upset if I lose these as opposed to my nice pair

2. Hand sanitizer. There are porta potties at the lakes meaning no sinks so I carry hand sanitizer just in case

3. Lip chap. Soft lips is my favorite brand, I got hooked when I got some free with Sun In one time. It has sunscreen in it because you need to protect your lips.

4. The dolphin is a beach safe container which I got a party. My rule is not to wear jewelry to the beach because you lose stuff (true story this has happened before) but just in case someone else comes with me and they have jewelry I can let them borrow this. Also if there’s a concession stand or something I can put money in it and not have to carry my purse and get sand in it.

5. Left of the Frisbee: This is a smaller waterproof bag to carry any wet items in. That way the rest of the bag and other stuff I bring don’t get wet it is awesome!

Picture #2



1. A book no explanation necessary!

2. A paper fan to cool off with

Picture #3




1. A hat of course this applies to the safe sun rule. You can’t put sunscreen on your head (unless it’s shaved) I wear this when I’m not in the water

2. Extra flip flops because your feet get so sandy even after rinsing them off just nice to have a back up pair

3. Two towels. This is after one towel would become soaked and sandy by the time I was ready to leave and nothing to dry off with. Of course I used to sit on it too (Now I bring a chair). I’ll use one in the car on the way home so the seat won’t get too wet.

Picture #4



Is pretty self-explanatory, I always pack extra clothes (in case I shower at the lakes) but also I cover up (again safe sun) when I’m not in the water. They get wet of course and I don’t want to wear wet stuff home its bad enough I’m wearing a wet swimsuit. So extra pair of shorts and tank top comes in handy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts