Adventure in Art

Yesterday my friend Kim and I took a class at Adventures in Art which is located in Benson we took a class on how to design your own glass fusion jewelry.

Here’s a little picture tour of our evening:



I love downtown Benson so many great murals I really need to take time and photograph all of them.

Here we are!!









I love the door is it not cool?

Let me just say I felt right at home in the studio! The walls in the other rooms were crazy colorful.

Actually I have done glass work in high school. I was surprised how it all came back to me. So while we waited for the glass to start we picked out glass we possibly wanted in our piece:




We got to choose a necklace, earrings, keychain or a ring. I selected a ring (Heaven knows I have enough necklaces and earrings). After our instructions it was time to play!

You could choose your layers. I went with four here’s the first three:



 
Then with the clear piece on top:



 
Elmer’s glue is used to hold the pieces together (don’t worry it burns off in the kiln!). It’s then cooked for 30 hours! Long time but worth the wait stay tuned next week I’ll share the finish piece!

Checkout ww.adventureinart.net


Comments

Popular Posts