Leap Day

Yeah I know I'm a horrible blogger but I am working on some posts that I plan to post eventually. But for now in honor of Leap Day I'm sharing a story about frogs.

First click here to get this story.

So yes my little punk of a frog is still alive. It (don't know the sex and not sure how you can tell??) Of course he's given quite a scare several times.

With these type of frogs, you only have to change their water every 3 months soon it'll be time again to change it's water. Pretty simple process right? Oh no, not with this frog. When I cleaned his (I think it's a boy because this seems like a typical boy thing to do) tank in the Fall, I filled a container with spring water and I have to get him out of his tank with the fish net. I always clean his tank by the sink makes sense. Well, that little punk fought the net the next I know in trying to get him into the container he leaps into my sink full of suds leftover from my dishes. I instantly panic, scoop him up and drop him into the container sure he's done himself in. I scold him (I know a lot of good that does me) as I dump and refill his tank. Amazingly enough he survived the ordeal. Everyone told me rather jokingly all it was doing was making him cleaner.

Then Decemember came along it was time to change his water again. This time I planned ahead rinsed the sink out after dishes. I posted on Facebook that it was time to clean his water and that I was hoping he won't pull the sink stunt again.

I totally jinxed it (Let that be a lesson to you not to post something like that on Facebook) he dove into the sink yet again. Of course he got a repeat of the scolding with four lettered names (none of them frog) and I actually said "If you die, it's your own fault" He survived again. No wonder one my friends calls him bait.

Now he is fun to have sometimes he does cool yoga like tricks in his tank and I think it's funny how he'll glare at me sometimes when it's time to feed him but when he does that crap I am annoyed.

He scared me Sunday morning when I was leaving for church I didn't see him and I actually thought for sure he finally kicked the bucket. He was hiding behind one of his big rocks. He came out after I tapped on the tank.

Then later at church I walked into a conversation about them one of the other teachers thought they were cool. My cousin Debi has some in her office and her daughter Morgan had some until Debi accidentally killed them when she over-filled the tank. So that brought my tail of how when I had two then one suddenly died of course I left out how the survivor likes to fake suicide some things are more fun to experience first hand hee hee.

And yet I want another tank for my studio. Will I ever learn? Probably not.

Hoppy Leap Day!

Comments

Popular Posts