A little pick me up

To start things off I was having a bad yesterday but it did turn out a little better. I had to deal with my student loan company on working out arrangements with them on my behind payment (oops) sometimes it’s hard when you have other expenses on your plate and your expected to make then before you know it rent is due and your broke again till next pay day then the payment slips your mind… After getting off the phone with I was kind of depressed. Every time I speak to them about resolving the issue it just reminds me that after 5 years of being out of college I am still not in the field. I have been looking at the glass is half full perspective, because I do create to my heart’s content I have sold my work but job wise out look not so good. Plus I really want to go back to school and gain a little more but it’s on the eternal back burner so many times I don’t even know if it’ll ever be possible. I know I should never say never but after that nasty phone call of counselor scolding me instead of truly helping me like she said she would on my voicemail just was the icing on that cake. Sometimes being a grown up sucks!

To lift my spirits I went through the final box of my art supplies. I was happy to find some of my hot glue gun sticks, tons of pencils, and more scarp paper (that’s never ending). I also came across chopsticks that we used for Mary’s birthday party last year and in one of my craft books you can my the hair sticks with them! I now own TONS of ribbon so that might what it gets used for. Also a bunch of my foam stamps and my cute little frog punch a dollar store find awhile back. On the plus side I won’t need any pencils for a while! Oh and watching Dinner Impossible with Robert Irvine on Food Network he cracks me up!

Got my 1st Sunday school lesson planned on the Bread of life. One of the charities our Sunday school classes are doing is for world hunger. The kids are asked to collect their pennies and we’ll track their process with a chart to see how much money we can raise. So the pastor’s wife thought if taught a lesson about world hunger to give the kids an idea of what they are collecting their pennies for. So the Bread of life is a perfect lesson when looking over the lesson it covers both Moses was with the Israelites when God provided manna and also the feeding of the five thousand both very good stories. Plus I going to have the kids do bread paintings for the craft it ought to be interesting.

The rummage sale is this weekend in Arlington. I think I will try and go Friday morning after lying down for a bit because it doesn’t start till 9 am. Maybe I can find some cool items to craft with or maybe more cigar boxes. Since ya know mine are MIA :-/

One last thing I did come across a photo from camping days at TTT in Minnesota many moons ago. The camp if I remember right was in Eden Valley Minnesota, which I think since then the city has been renamed?? I wish I had a scanner so I could post it here. But the shot is of the lake on one the nice days we had (it rained a lot when I was there I think we only went swimming once the entire time I was there) but the lake is the most brilliant blue matching perfectly with the sky, and for being around 10 years old at the time the picture is good. Suddenly I could remember fishing of that dock, riding in the canoe, and even when it rained we all wore matching yellow slickers. It’s true what they say a picture is worth a thousand words or in my case memories? But anyways I think I may just have to do a painting of that very lake in the near future.

I can’t wait for the weekend besides the rummage sale, the Husker game, I think Mary and I will make a trip downtown to Amy’s shop (I want to sign up for one of her classes) and go to the bead studio too!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts