Alternative Christmas Tree Part 1

Once again, I've decided to re-vamp my Christmas decorating theme. If you remember I used to do a Hawaiian/beach deocarting theme and after I moved I invested in a black a Chritsmas tree.

Since I now own a cat that likes to play with anything that isn’t nailed down, I knew that putting up my tree this year wasn’t going to be an option dangling ornaments + temptation = knocked down tree. I thought about doing alternative tree before I’ve seen lots of great ones including a book tree which I could easily too as well. And I might in the studio. Anyways I was kicking around the idea of using my retro black stool as a tree just cover it with lights. I was on Pinterest and saw some great ideas especially a picture frame tree.


Picture frames can be pricey even if you go the Dollar Store route. I pinned it anyways and thought I would never get to do it (true story you pin stuff but never do them?). Until I was in Lincoln and stopped at a Goodwill there and found four 8x10 snap frames, you know how much I love my snap frames! As I got them I thought what in the heck am I going to do with them? Then it hit me: The tree!! I have three of the snap frames in 8x10 at home and I decided to get one more at Wal-Mart just in case. That gave me 8 frames to work with.

If you remember, I have two frames in my bathroom so I will use those during Christmas and just hang something in the empty space during the holidays. As I laid them out, I decided to go with 6 8x10” frames and then one 5x7 for the topper:




I already love how it looks and it’s not even hung up yet!

I will be sharing part 2 soon once I get it up and the rest of my decorating ideas!

Comments

Popular Posts