Mermaid costume part 1

Happy Halloween!! Today I am sharing my costume assembly and tomorrow I will share the complete costume yes it’ll be November 1st I realize but better late than never!!

This year I decided to be a mermaid. Retail the costume sells for $50.00 (yes I checked) I think at the most I spent was around $20.00 for the material for the tail (it doesn’t hurt to have a coupon from Hobby Lobby too) and the paint. But the rest was stuff I had.

First up the tail which I found on Pintrest (I will get links for this later promise). I got a yard of shiny material which turned out perfect for me thanks to my smaller waist! What I did was made a pattern for the fin part of the tail:



I cut it out and about an inch around the area. I’ll share more of the tail/fin tomorrow.

Next for the top, mermaids typically wear shells or a bikini top. Not this mermaid!! I took one of my tank tops that were going to end up in my altering stash because of few spots. What I did is I found some starfish patterns:




I traced them with charcoal:




Next I took puffy paint and Tulip beads in the bottle so give it some color:





Tulip beads in a bottle are awesome the dry with a bead like look to them here’s all of them:




Last I purchased this cute starfish for my hair:




I can’t wait for you to see the finished product until tomorrow!

Be safe!!

Comments

Popular Posts