The Carrie Bradshaw of purses

I apologize for my brief absence again from the blogging world AGAIN. The month of January was straight up bad on so many levels, February has gotten an okay start until I somehow caught another cold. Good grief.

Not to mention my creative has once again flown the coop who knows for how long this time, and I haven't cleaned the studio in weeks either.

But I can't go much longer without sharing something on here even if it's not artistic.

I have some funny obsessions I've shared them on here before. One of my obsessions is purses. Which is funny because I'm more or less of a Tomboy but I do like shoes too but Converse, flats, or sneakers NOT heals. I only own two pairs of heels.

Anyways most of my purses I find are from thrift stores, Goodwill, ones I make myself or garage sales. Rarely do I buy a brand new purse unless it's reasonably priced, and it's super cute. That and I'm cheap I can't spend $50 bucks for Kathy Van Ireland (a brand of purse that Gordman's carries) bag.

I have a tote in my closet stuff full of purses. I rotate them on a regualr basis. My personal favorite one I'm currently carrying is my OCC purse from Avon. I prefer smaller purses than bigger ones although I carry both. Smaller ones you can put less in because it is a fact women carry everything but the kitchen sink in their purses. I just carry the bare essentials I will share what's in my purse a little later.

Recently, I held a Thirty-one party. Because I had ordered from my cousin back in December because she had a catalog party and I always like to help people get free goodies I mean who doesn't love free stuff?

If you don't know Thirty-one is awesome but their stuff is well high priced. I learned this the first time I ordered from them. But again I wanted to ordered something. So after looking through the catalog twice (looking for the cheapest possible item) I settled on a $12.00 purse and a $5.00 scarf to tie around the purse and it was pink.

About a week or so later, my stuff came in I was excited because I was itching for a new purse. I open the bag that contained my goodies, I noticed my purse was... well flat. Okay I thought maybe it was because I ordered a clutch no big, I removed it from the packaging....

It wasn't a purse more like the shell of one. It had no handles, pockets, etc the only thing it had was hooks all around it.  Upon further investigation I ordered what is called a "skirt". Thirty-one sells a "skirt purse" which is a purse with a changeable skirt. Color me confused. I quickly texted my cousin going "I think I ordered the wrong thing" She asked me if I wanted to return it since the purse itself was $45.00. I gave it some thought and said no I could just host my own party and get it half off.

Now I have ordered my very own skirt purse plus another free skirt. Let that be a lesson to you always read the fine print.



Comments

Popular Posts