Room updates!

Hello Friends!

I know it's been a while since I've blogged and for that I am sorry. More on that shortly 

My bedroom is one room in my apartment I rarely change. I have made attempts before but never stuck to anything permanent. I get tired of things often and want to change. I had thought about adding a type of dressing/vanity table in my room, because it's where I set my hair etc. But I didn't pull the trigger. I added a storage option to help but one important thing I need to change in my room was my bed.

The bed I got was a hand-me-down which I know is not the wisest investment but at the time it worked for me but it was time to find a new bed.

For the record: Bed Shopping is hard!!! I never knew. You have to find the right mattress, box spring, and frame too!! The whole process was frustrating for me and not to mention pricey! But in the end I found a great mattress, box spring with a reasonable frame.

I decided with a new bed I needed new bedding. Good Old Target had the hook up! I got some super soft T-Shirt bedding. Now I am in the market for some cute throw pillows (more on that in another post).

The next thing I did, was change up my walls. I got rid of the vinyl headboard, and placed my big Marilyn Monroe picture above my bed. My room mainly has pictures of James Dean and a few Marilyn pictures sprinkled throughout my room.




I had a gallery wall across from my bed:



Here's the after!!


Originally I had just the four pieces, but I had moved my JD McPherson set list over and added the small palm tree print (from Goodwill) and it just ties everything in. The coffin shelf is from Sourpuss 

If you've been a follower with me for some time, you know I love to frame paper so I had a bunch of the Thred Up tissue paper on hand, so I used that for two 8x10 snap frames (they come in 3 pack) and then the 8.5 x 11 I used some grey polka dot paper from Hobby Lobby and the same with the gold/grey pineapple paper.

I've been loving the color combinations with grey turquoise and yellow for instance in the weeks to come, I will be sharing some of my creative room projects!


**************************

As many of you know, I had left my overnight job at the hospital to go work in Omaha at Pay Flex but I stayed on part time to get by. Well sadly on Monday April Fools Day (but not a joke) I got let go. So I am back the hospital for the time being filling in wherever I can.Which means I can get back to regular blogging!

I have a lot to catch up on! I will be sharing more thrift posts, a few crafty things and other stuff going on as well!

Always putting the E in Extra

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts