From Pink to Grey

With my room make over, I decided to change my color scheme a tad bit. I had always done a tropical theme for the start, then I went to black/white/pink then added some red to it oh and Zebra stripes (that was fun) now I decided to go back to a neutral color. I have been always drawn to grey when I was in the process of buying new bedding, and after looking at TONS of options, I settled for a dark heather grey color for my sheets.

The problem with my zebra sheets, they were well white so you know stains showed up easily. So that meant numerous washing trips etc. I had almost bought a pineapple bed sheets but they were white. I'm rambling here.

Anyways, as it the weather finally gets warmer, I am putting out some of my tropical/beach themed decor which included a ceramic pineapple (I may or may not have a problem) that was pink. I mean was because it had gotten an ouch when I unpacked it:



I decided that the pineapple needed a make over but instead of touching it up with pink and trying to match the colors, I decided to paint it grey. Why grey? You ask. I had seen on Amazon a ceramic grey pineapple on Amazon that I loved but not for $27.99. I repeat $27.99 FOR A PINEAPPLE!!

After my poor pineapple taking the ouch, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I picked up some grey acrylic paint and foam brushes to start painting it another before:


 Let me tell you, it was not easy repainting it. I had to allow of drying time, and coats. But it was well worth it:


Of course it looks duller now but I honestly don't mind it, I saved money at the most I think I spent $2.00? The paint and the brushes were .97 cents each. I could do a clear coat to shine it up too but I like it :)

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts