Deck decorating

Last Friday after the morning rain I got to work on making my deck more pretty. I had some ideas in my head and I went to town.

First I had a tin sign from Target that I did have hanging on my apartment door but I thought it would look nice on my deck. I got these blue mason jars last year I filled them with fish tank rocks now all I need is some battery operated tea lights!



I seriously love blue bottles the center one of course is my empty blue chair bay rum bottle (Kenny
Chesney’s signature rum!)



Next to the night on the right I made a space for a wall bottle opener I do have one I’m looking into on EBay the pail is for the bottle caps.



Here’s a close up of the Mason jar. Funny story is I have six of them and I couldn’t locate any all but two then I found a third in a box it had shells in it! When I’m not on my deck I will have them off the posts so they don’t get rain in them or fall off and hurt somebody.



Remember this chair? It resides in my room but after much debate I drug it outside even though I really wanted a new chair this saves me money.



These are my outdoor frogs Jean Claude in the center plus two tin frogs I got from Junkstock last summer I spray painted them blue of course!



I also hung a sign out the outside door that leads to the patio one of my favorites this house runs on island time!



I don’t think I shared these in my chair post but I had these hanging bottle tea light holders in my room but I brought them out here.



Last but not least I added some flowers to my blue chair bay bottle:



Fake of course :)

I do have a shady spot where rain doesn’t come in so I’ve stored my jars, the sign, the pail and the flowers in a waterproof bag for when I’m not out of the deck and they can stay nice.

I will be adding potted plants soon and after I strung up my deck lights I discovered my flip flops ones don’t work anymore.

More updates to come!

Comments

Popular Posts